Wednesday, March 24, 2010

passing (larsen)

Hm..

I'm not sure how I feel about this selection. The writing, in parts, was beautiful and extremely well done and detailed.

It was so short, and I knew it should be filled with a lot of tension, but I just didn't feel it. It felt almost flat to me, like the characters were going through the motion.

Maybe, because it was trying to speak to a different audience than myself, it would resonate more with someone else.. but I just didn't feel what I know it was try to make me feel.

I don't regret reading it, but at the same time I'm not sure that it added anything to the list.

I'm reading Big Sur right now (yeah, I couldn't wait) which will only take a few days. Then, I'm on to my selection for M.. Moby Dick (Melville).

Which means I am halfway through the challenge. :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow allison halfway! i am very impressed with you. hope its been good so far! maybe you should do a post recapping the highlights of the experience so far.

    ReplyDelete