Wednesday, March 31, 2010

"E" is for Electra



Hello all!

First of all, a big WOOT WOOT to allison and katie for being faithful bloggers. Yay! I always appreciate your interesting comments and passion for reading. AWESOMENESS.

So for my "E" book I chose Electra and other plays by Euripides. This collection included 4-5 plays other than Electra. However, I regret to report that I can't comment much on the other plays in this book. I started reading Andromache and it was so tragic I couldn't keep it going. I barely made it through Electra frankly, and didn't try much else in the collection (which was actually pretty short) including Hecuba, Trojan Women and some others.

Electra itself was pretty tragic. ALERT TO PLOT SPOILERS*************** Obviously, as this was a collection of tragedies but I forgot how TRAGIC and DEPRESSING those Greek tragedies are. In Electra, she is basically banished into the country (which is supposed to be shameful) by her stepfather after her mother kills (I think...oops) her father. Her brother is also exiled. And guess what....it ends tragically. Thats about all I have to say about that.

Note: I think Carmen Electra might have been more interesting. And Im not into girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment