Sunday, February 28, 2010

Lewis Carroll- Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

This book was a pretty quick read.  The version I checked out from the library had a lot of illustrations that I enjoyed as I read the book.  I now want to watch the Disney version* of Alice in Wonderland again... I can't remember if everything in the book was in the movie or if I read the book when I was younger and just didn't remember.  I wanted to read it all in one night since it was due back at the library the next day (shouldn't have checked out 3 books at once) but I got kind of bored after a couple hours of reading.  I could see myself reading it to a little kid and enjoying that more than reading it myself.

I'm sure you are all familiar with the story but just in case you aren't, it is about a little girl named Alice who gets bored sitting with her sister and ends up crawling down a rabbit hole into a fantasy world where everything and everyone is "mad".  I enjoyed the wit and all the puns in the book that made some of the character's conversations almost nonsensical.  There are also quite a few riddles that don't have answers.  Overall, this was just a funny book.

After reading the book, I went back and listened to Jefferson Airplane's song White Rabbit- interesting song!

Alice in wonderland - white rabbit by Jefferson airplane from BPlotkin on Vimeo.


*I think the Disney version combines Alices Adventures in Wonderland with Through the Looking Glass because some of the characters I was expecting were not in the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment