Friday, January 15, 2010

Little R's Challenge List

According to the wonderful database provided by another one of our bloggers, I have chosen one Penguin classic author for each letter of the alphabet. Ok, so I cheated a little. When there were few choices (like Q) I chose from another popular letter. It just doesn't seem fair when there were so many C and D authors.

Going through this I was surprised by how many I had actually read. Not that it was very many, Im just surprised I had read any at all. There were several I wanted to re-read but I'm not allowing that for myself in the challenge. Lots of these are books I have been meaning to read for sometime and never got around to it. Fun way to expand my reading list, which usually centers on psychology and ethnic autobiographies.


A – Little Women, Louisa May Alcott
B – Tarzan of the Apes, Burroughs
C – O Pioneers, Cather
D – Count of Monte Cristo, Dumas
E – Electra and other plays, Euripedes
F – Autobiography and other writings, Franklin
G – The Conservationist, Gordimer
H – House of Seven Gables, Hawthorne
I – The Legend of Sleepy Hollow and Other Stories, Irving
J – Autiobiography of an Ex Colored Man, Jonson
K – On the Road, Kerouac
L – Gentlemen Prefer Blondes But Marry Brunettes – loos
M – Anne of Avonlea – Montgomery (anne of green gables was on the list, so im counting that as a series and going with it)
N – The Man Eater of Malgudi – Narayan
O – 1984, Orwell
P – Fall of the House of Usher, Poe
Q – Instead I will read another C. In the Heart of the Country, Coetzee
R – Atlas Shrugged, Rand
S – The Story of an African Farm, Schreiner
T – Connecticut Yankee in King Arthurs Court , Twain
U - Gunnar's daughter, Undset
V – Around the World in 80 Days, Verne
W- Streetcar Named Desire , Williams
X – I am going to go for another D instead. Just seems unfair with so few choices. The Extraordinary Cases of Sherlock Holmes, Doyle
Y – Another S instead. Dracula, Stoker
Z – American Indian Stories, Legends, and Other Writings, Zitkala - Sa

2 comments:

  1. It seems to me you're reading more modern things than I am.. would I be right in that assessment?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i f@$*ing love streetcar named desire. I've just seen it performed, but am confident that the material is intense enough to mess you up for an evening.

    ReplyDelete