Saturday, July 10, 2010

F- Is for Ben Franklin


So yeah, for my "F" book I chose the Autobiography of Ben Franklin. I chose this because generally I love the memoir/biography genre, I just find it really interesting to read about people's lives, the events, and how they make meaning of all that. Probably related to why I like psychology and chose that as my profession.

However, I will admit now, I only got about a third of the way through this book.

I found it boring.

It wasn't the most boring thing I ever read, certainly it was NOT THAT BAD. But I really couldn't keep with it. I was stuck about a third of the way through the book for about two months. So I finally abandoned ship.

I did not find this book stimulating because rather than a true autobiography I feel like it was more of an "accounting" of his days. It was very much lacking much emotion or interpretation to the events. I thought it would be fascinating - Ben Franklin was an interesting dude! But alas, no.

So I moved on a couple weeks ago to my "G" book.

No comments:

Post a Comment